In recent years, we have seen a tremendous rise in number of smartphones and, as we know, most of them are Android. The basic reason behind large share of Android is because it’s open source and has a large amount of apps. It is also very friendly to developers as we have seen as in case of Nexus which came with unlocked bootloader. There are various things you can do on Android if you have root access and custom recovery installed on your phone. Some of them are changing MAC address, changing IMEI, installing Dolby Atmos, using custom ROMs and a plethora of features.
Coming to the topic, the method I am going to work on almost all devices with unlocked bootloader. To get your bootloader unlocked, contact your smartphone manufacturer. Earlier I said that it will work on almost all devices, well this method will not work on Lenovo K3 Note (maybe because it is MediaTek).
Requirements: PC, an USB cable, an Android with unlocked bootloader, and some of downloading and, of course, common sense.
- Your warranty is now void.
- I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
- thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
- YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
- you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! 😛
- Act accordingly
Here are the steps:
- Download a custom recovery .img file. If you have downloaded .zip file, extract it. I’ll suggest TWRP for Snapdragon and CWM for MediaTek devices.
- Download adb tools from here. Install it.
- Enable Developer options on your phone. If you have enabled it, skip this step. To enable Developer options, go to About Phone > Press Build number seven times. MIUI users click on MIUI version seven times.
- Once you have enabled Developer options enable USB debugging in developer options.
- Connect your phone to your PC. Check Notification Drawer of your phone to see if debugging is enabled.
- Go to folder where you have your custom recovery .img file. Rename it to “recovery.img” without quotes.
- Press Shift and right click on white space. Select Open Command Window here.
- Write down the codes
adb devices for checking if device is connected via adb
adb reboot bootloader for booting into fastboot mode(for MIUI users, if this is not working, switch off your phone, and press power and volume button to manually boot into fastboot mode)
fastboot devices to check if device is properly booted into fastboot method
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to flash custom recovery
fastboot reboot to boot into system.
And that’s all.
Thank You for reading.
Ask in comments if you face any problems.