If you have flashed a custom ROM on your Mi device and want to go back to MIUI, follow me.
MIUI 8 is a nice ROM. It has got unique features such as long screenshot, inbuilt applock, dual apps, dual space, weather options in notification header and many more nice features.
- Your warranty is now void.
- I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
- thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
- YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
- you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! 😛
- Act accordingly
Here are the steps:
- Download stock recovery for your Mi device on MIUI forum. You’ll get easily, if not comment with device model and i’ll update with link.
- Flash recovery using the guide.
- Download appropriate stable or developer version ROM for your device. MIUI ROMs for all devices
- Rename the downloaded zip file to update.zip and place in Internal Storage, I stress in Internal Storage not in any other folder.
- Reboot into Recovery on your phone.
- Select English using Volume Keys and Power key.
- Select Wipe & Reset.
- Select Wipe User Data.
- Select Wipe Cache.
- Select Back to Main Menu.
- Select Install update.zip to system.
- Wait for few minutes.
- Complete the setup and enjoy.